Tigard Police Log: Sept. 16-21
Tigard police made 23 arrests during the week of Sept. 16, including four for driving under the influence of intoxicants and three for possession of a controlled substance.
Tuesday, Sept. 17
• Officers responded to an argument in the 7500 block of Southwest Hunziker Road over what his girlfriend found on his phone. There was no evidence of a crime.
• Officers received a call from a business in the 11700 block of Southwest Pacific Highway reporting that a female bought a bottle of wine and was drinking it outside. Officers later responded to the same location after she started yelling and causing a disruption. She was trespassed from the location.
Wednesday, Sept. 18
• An irate customer refusing to leave a business in the 11700 block of Southwest Pacific Highway was advised by police officers to leave the location.
• Officers responded to a domestic dispute in the 9800 block of Southwest McDonald Street when a female made death threats against a family after breaking up with the son.
• A Beaverton man was arrested for driving under the influence of intoxicants near the intersection of Southwest McDonald Street and Pacific Highway after officers responded to a report of a Mercedes swerving badly before stopping at the traffic light. The male was slumped over and stopped at the green light. His blood alcohol content was recorded at more than twice the legal limit.
Saturday, Sept. 21
• Officers arrested a Tigard man on Southwest Pacific Highway near 78th Avenue for DUII after they observed him driving his Honda SUV through the intersection, crossing over the solid yellow line, and almost colliding with the raised middle barrier dividing north and southbound traffic. His blood alcohol content was found to be more than twice the legal limit.
• A person flagged down an officer in the Nordstrom parking lot at Washington Square after they observed a female looking into cars. Upon contact, the female reported that she misplaced her car but had found it by the time the officer arrived.
• A person walking on the sidewalk in the 11500 block of Southwest Durham Road was struck on the left leg by a silver car. The driver fled the scene.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.