Tualatin Police Log: Sept. 23-Oct. 1
During the week of Sept. 23 to Oct. 1, Tualatin police received 599 calls from dispatch, made six arrests and assisted at seven traffic crashes.
Monday, Sept. 23
• Officers responded to Cabela's, 7555 S.W. Nyberg Road, after a subject was denied a firearm purchase. The subject was cited for false swearing.
• Officers responded to Cabela's, 7555 S.W. Nyberg Road. This time, a male was denied a firearm purchase due to a prior felony conviction.
Tuesday, Sept. 24
• Officers dispatched an injured possum in the 9100 block of Southwest Sweek Drive.
Wednesday, Sept. 25
• Officers trespassed two people from Tualatin city parks in the 8300 block of Southwest Nyberg Street. One was cited as a minor in possession of alcohol.
• A 28-year-old man was arrested in the 17900 block of Southwest McEwan Road for interfering with making a police report, disorderly conduct and failure to register as a sex offender.
• Officers responded again to the Cabela's, 7555 S.W. Nyberg Road, after a man attempted to purchase a firearm despite having pending felony charges in California.
Thursday, Sept. 26
• Officers trespassed a subject from a business in the 6600 block of Southwest Nyberg Street after he became belligerent with an employee.
• Officers are investigating a hit-and-run in the 5200 block of Southwest Wichita Street after a vehicle ran up onto the sidewalk and struck a tree.
Friday, Sept. 27
• Officers contacted a man in the 7200 block of Southwest Hazel Fern Road who was impaired by methamphetamine. He was cited for interfering with a peace officer.
Saturday, Sept. 28
• A vehicle was stolen from the parking lot of Stars Cabaret, 17939 S.W. McEwan Road.
Sunday, Sept. 29
• A traffic stop at 3:33 a.m. resulted in the arrest of a 44-year-old man for driving under the influence of intoxicants and possession of methamphetamine.
• Unknown suspects smashed the entry door to a business in the 17500 block of Southwest 65th Avenue and stole a small amount of change from the cash register.
• Officers cited a 21-year-old for DUII in the 19400 block of Southwest Boones Ferry Road.
Monday, Sept. 30
• Officers trespassed a subject from Tualatin High School.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.