Tigard Police Log: Oct. 21-26
Tigard police made 24 arrests from Oct. 21 through Oct. 24, including five for possession of a controlled substance, four for driving under the influence of intoxicants and three for driving with a revoked license.
Tuesday, Oct. 22
• A traffic stop for a loud exhaust noise near Southwest Walnut and Gaarde streets turned into a DUII arrest after the officer observed empty beer cans in the vehicle and the subject exhibited signs of intoxication.
• Officers ran the vehicle identification number of a suspicious vehicle while on patrol in a parking lot in the 6400 block of Southwest Coronado Street. A Portland woman associated with the vehicle was arrested for unauthorized use of a vehicle, and a man associated with the vehicle was arrested for distribution and possession of a controlled substance and a probation violation.
• A caller reported that his reportedly stolen vehicle was found in the parking lot in the parking lot of the Tigard Public Library, 13500 S.W. Hall Blvd., where he had left it.
Wednesday, Oct. 23
• Officers arrested a man for DUII in the 9300 block of Southwest Greenburg Road after receiving a call about a Mercedes driving on its rims and swerving in and out of traffic lanes.
Thursday, Oct. 24
• A U-Haul vehicle reported stolen in Texas was returned to U-Haul Moving & Storage of Southwest Portland, 11552 S.W. Pacific Highway. It turned out the vehicle had not actually been stolen.
• The director of a medical facility in the 14100 block of Southwest 105th Avenue requested help with a dispute in which a patient's visitor was apparently trying to get access to medical records over the patient's family's objections.
Friday, Oct. 25
• A traffic stop near Southwest Durham Road and 104th Avenue resulted in a DUII arrest after the driver exhibited signs of intoxication.
• Officers responded to a disturbance on a TriMet bus in the 8900 block of Southwest Commercial Street between two males. TriMet held the bus, the males were separated and peace was restored.
• Officers responded to a domestic disturbance at an apartment building in the 14600 block of Southwest Murdock Street, where a female was throwing items off a balcony into the courtyard as a male tried to get into the apartment after apparently being locked out. Officers were able to restore the peace.
Saturday, Oct. 26
• Officers stopped a car near Southwest Hall Boulevard and Pacific Highway after observing it swerving all over the road without carrying a license plate or trip permit. The driver was cited for DUII.
• Officers responded to a disturbance in the 15800 block of Southwest 88th Avenue when a verbal altercation escalated. The homeowner and his friend went outside and got in a shoving match. The officers restored the peace, the friend went home and there were no injuries.
• Officers trespassed a male subject who wanted to fight the attendant at a gas station in the 13900 block of Southwest Pacific Highway.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)