Tigard Police Log: Dec. 31, 2019 - Jan. 6, 2020
Tigard police made 26 arrests for the week of Dec. 31 to Jan. 6, including four for driving under the influence of intoxicants, one for kidnapping and three for theft.
Thursday, Jan. 2
• Officers located and returned a child to the custodial parent in the 8900 block of Southwest Oak Street.
• A person was yelling at nobody outside a business in 11900 block of Southwest Pacific Highway and making customers uncomfortable.
• Officers responded to a fast food restaurant in the 1200 block of Southwest Main Street. The subject backed his Jaguar into another car and refused to move it until officers arrived.
Friday, Jan. 3
• Officers responded to a theft call at Washington Square mall from a loss prevention agent who had a suspect in in his office. Officers arrested the suspect for theft and an outstanding warrant.
• Police responded to a report that a woman tried to run over a man in the 12500 block of Southwest North Dakota Street. When officers arrived, the man was preventing the woman from leaving. There were no injuries and officers told the pair that no crime had been committed.
• Employees at a business in the 11400 block of Southwest Pacific Highway pursued a female who stole another employee's cellphone. They caught her and held her for officers to arrest and transport to jail.
Saturday, Jan. 4
• Officers arrested a driver near Southwest Pacific Highway and Greenburg Road for drunken driving. The driver was transported to jail and the car was towed.
• An employee was robbed inside a business in the 15500 block of Southwest Pacific Highway. Officers were assisted by a K-9 officer, who located the suspect. The suspect, who had felony warrants, was arrested and transported to jail on multiple charges.
• Officers responded to a domestic dispute call in the 14700 block of Southwest 109th Avenue. Officers arrested one of the subjects for a warrant; they were transported to the jail.
Sunday, Jan. 5
• Officers responded to a theft in progress call in the 7800 block of Southwest Dartmouth Street. Two males ran from the location, pushed a security guard to the ground and were detained at a neighboring business. The men were transported to jail for robbery, theft, outstanding warrant and possession of heroin.
• A caller reported that they were supervising a visit for a 3-year-old child with his father in the 11100 block of Southwest Greenburg Road. The angry father was intoxicated and screamed at the caller. Officers detained the angry, intoxicated father.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.