Tigard Police Log: Jan. 29-Feb. 4, 2020
Tigard police made 45 arrests from Jan. 29 to Feb. 4, including four for driving under the influence of intoxicants, six for theft, and two for hit-and-run.
Thursday, Jan. 30
• A man in the 10600 block of Southwest 121st Avenue requested assistance getting his ID from his ex-girlfriend, as he was catching a plane the next day. The caller was standing behind the car the ex was driving so she couldn't leave when officers arrived. The ex returned the ID, and peace was restored.
• Officers arrested a man in the 11700 block of Southwest Pacific Highway after he ran two red lights, hopped a fence and attempted to drive away from officers. The man then broke out the window in the car and fought with officers before he was detained and transported to jail.
Friday, Jan. 31
• Officers responded to a call in the 14300 block of Southwest 86th Avenue from a woman hiding in the bathroom from the man who hit her. Officers arrested the man and transported him to jail.
Saturday, Feb. 1
• Officers responded to a call near Southwest Springwood Drive and Southwest 121st Avenue of a man passed out in his vehicle. Officers found the vehicle with its side door wide open and a responsive man who attempted to drive away when he was contacted. The call changed to DUII, and the man was transported to jail.
• Officers received a call from the 9700 block of Southwest London Court reporting a man in their yard with a shopping cart going through the trash. Upon further investigation, the man had a warrant and was removed from the property.
Sunday, Feb. 2
• A caller in the 11500 block of Southwest 135th Avenue reported that her roommate's ex-boyfriend broke down the back door and forced his way inside. The ex then shot out the sliding glass door. Officers arrived, detained the ex and transported him to jail.
• Officers responded to a disturbance in the 14100 block of Southwest 105th Avenue, where the caller, her current boyfriend and her ex-boyfriend were in a verbal battle. Officers convinced the parties to separate for the night.
Monday, Feb. 3
• Officers received a call from an employee of a business in the 11500 block of Southwest Pacific Highway of a man running through the parking lot who kicked and dented a car and ran away. Officers found him nearby, but he attempted to flee. The man was eventually detained.
• Officers responded to a call from a hotel in the 11400 block of Southwest Pacific Highway that requested assistance with two guests who refused to leave. Officers convinced the guests, who had been harassing the staff and threatening a lawsuit, to leave peaceably.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.