Tigard Police Log: Feb. 4-10, 2020
Tigard police made 27 arrests between Feb. 4 and Feb. 10, including one strangulation/domestic violence, one hit-and-run and six theft arrests.
Tuesday, Feb. 4
• Five cars had windows broken and items stolen while parked at a business in the 12200 block of Southwest Scholls Ferry Road.
• Officers assisted a business in the 13500 block of Southwest Pacific Highway with a homeless woman smoking by the door and yelling at the customers, frightening them.
Wednesday, Feb. 5
• Police responded to call from a woman in the 11900 block of Southwest Garden Place who reported a man in a black jacket in her car going through her stuff. Officers took the man into custody and transported him to jail.
• A woman in the 14300 block of Southwest 86th Avenue called from the garage she was locked into by her boyfriend. When the boyfriend heard her on the phone, he let her out. No crime.
Thursday, Feb. 6
• Officers were dispatched to a bank in the 16200 block of Southwest Pacific Highway for a reported robbery. The man fled with an undisclosed amount of cash. Officers located him driving on Highway 99W and stopped him on Southwest Langer Farms Parkway. He was taken into custody and transported to jail. Detectives are continuing to investigate.
• Officers arrested and transported a man in the 10300 block of Southwest 69th Avenue for assaulting an officer during the course of an investigation.
Friday, Feb. 7
• Officers responded to a disturbance in the 9600 block of Southwest North Dakota Street involving an intoxicated man looking for his wife, who was hiding from her husband in the caller's house. Officers detained and transported the husband to a detox center.
Saturday, Feb. 8
• Officers assisted a disoriented, drunken man in the 11600 block of Southwest Pacific Highway to get a ride into Portland.
• Officers arrested a man in the 14300 block of Southwest 86th Avenue who returned to his ex-girlfriend's house after a previous domestic violence incident.
Sunday, Feb. 9
• Officers responded to a theft in the 14800 block of Southwest Sequoia Parkway after a call from a loss prevention agent. The man ran and dropped the merchandise, then got into his car but was prevented from driving away by a truck blocking him in. The man rammed the truck with his car, then left the car and ran until officers detained and arrested him and transported him to jail.
• Officers responded to a disturbance in the 7500 block of Southwest Bonita Road involving an intoxicated person. Officers restored the peace.
Monday, Feb. 10
• Officers investigated a call from a girlfriend in the 9500 block of Southwest Washington Square Road. Her boyfriend detained her in a car for two hours after an argument in a parking lot.
• A business in the 7600 block of Southwest Dartmouth Street requested assistance with a homeless, high man in the restroom yelling at customers and employees. Officers convinced the man to move along.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.