Tigard Police Log: Feb. 12-17, 2020
Tigard police made 29 arrests between Feb. 12 and Feb. 17, including three for driving under the influence of intoxicants, one for forgery and nine for theft.
Thursday, Feb. 13
• A caller reported a drunk neighbor was yelling and playing music too loudly in the 12500 block of Southwest North Dakota Street. Officers discovered a drunk and belligerent mother keeping her daughter awake. The mother agreed to sleep in her car for the night.
• Detectives and crime scene technicians responded to a burglary in the 14200 block of Southwest Pacific Highway. A large hole was discovered in the wall of a building. Cash registers inside were smashed and cash and cigarettes were missing.
Friday, Feb. 14
• A driver reported he hit a parked car in the 9900 block of Southwest Frewing Street. The dispatcher noticed the caller was slurring his words. Officers located the driver, who had struck two cars and delayed reporting for several hours. Officers arrested the man for drunken driving and reckless driving. He was transported to jail.
• Officers responded to a suicide attempt after a someone jumped off a 30-foot-high porch in the 9900 block of Southwest Frewing Street. Officers arranged transport to the trauma unit and continue to investigate.
Saturday, Feb. 15
• Officers arrested the driver of an unlicensed car on Southwest Pacific Highway near Frewing Street for drunken driving. A tow was ordered for the car and the driver got a ride to jail.
• Officers responded to a theft in progress in the 12400 block of Southwest Main Street. A man stole a bottle of alcohol then ran off. Officers arrested and detained the man for theft and parole violation and transported him to the jail.
Sunday, Feb. 16
• A woman in the 9400 block of Southwest Washington Square Road told police her car had been stolen. Officers assisted the caller, who found her car at the opposite end of the parking lot where she forgot she parked it.
• Officers responded to a disturbance in the 12600 block of Southwest 116th Avenue called in by a woman whose husband was fighting with her male neighbor. Officers restored the peace.
• Officers arrested a man and woman in the 9500 block of Southwest Washington Square Road after they shoplifted. They were in possession of burglary tools and one had a warrant.
Monday, Feb. 17
• Officers responded to theft calls from Washington Square mall eight times, including one employee theft and three juvenile shoplifters on Friday.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.