Tualatin Police Log: Feb. 11-17, 2020
Tualatin police received 558 calls from Feb. 11 to Feb. 17, including 10 car crashes and seven arrests.
Tuesday, Feb. 11
• Officers responded to Cabela's, 7555 S.W. Nyberg St., for an unlawful attempt to purchase a firearm due to a felony warrant.
Thursday, Feb. 13
• Officers arrested two men in the 18800 block of Southwest Martinazzi Avenue for a stolen vehicle, and one of them for a parole violation.
• Officers arrested a woman at a gas station in the 20500 block of Southwest 115th Avenue for refusing to pay for gas pumped in her car.
Friday, Feb. 14
• Officers trespassed the spouse of a resident in the 8300 block of Southwest Mohawk Street.
• Officers trespassed a man from the Tualatin Public Library, 18878 S.W. Martinazzi Ave., for erratic behavior and making staff uncomfortable.
• Officers arrested a man in the 17900 block of Southwest McEwan Road after he slashed the tires on his significant other's car after a dispute.
Saturday, Feb. 15
• Officers arresting a man for a felony warrant discovered he had a spring-assisted knife and a baggie of a white crystal-like substance. He now faces additional charges of being a felon in possession of a weapon and possession of a controlled substance.
• A man was arrested for drunken driving near Southwest Lower Boones Ferry Road and Childs Road.
Sunday, Feb. 16
• Officers had a vehicle towed after its driver was found to be driving with a suspended licence and was driving uninsured. Police also determined the vehicle itself was a hazard to the public.
Monday, Feb. 17
• Officers arrested a man for a felony warrant in the 17900 block of Southwest McEwan Road, and later added charges of being a felon in possession of a weapon, carrying a concealed weapon, interfering with a peace officer and possession of a controlled substance.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.