Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT

MORE STORIES


The fire, which occurred on Friday, involved two people who were injured and escaped; however, one of the occupants later died.

Fire officials believe an accidental fire that took the life of a Durham woman was caused by smoking near an oxygen source. The fire was called in by a resident of Southwest Chaucer Court, who said both he and a woman had escaped but were injured. Other callers were worried that a nearby home was threatened after hearing explosions.

Firefighters arrived shortly afterward and began providing medical treatment to the man and woman who had evacuated the burning home, according to a news release from Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue. Both were transported to an area hospital by Metro West Ambulance where the woman later died.

Meanwhile, teams of firefighters began attacking the fire and searching the home to ensure no other occupants were inside.

With flames through the roof of the home, and heavy black smoke pushing out the windows, firefighters pulled multiple hose lines to attack the fire, actions they believe helped stop the spread of the fire, saving neighboring homes.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework