FONT & AUDIO

MORE STORIES


An unattended cooking fire is being blamed on the fire that occurred in the 18500 block of Southwest Boones Ferry Road.

COURTESY TVF&R - An early-morning fire in Tualatin displaced six adults and six children in the 18500 block of Southwest Boones Ferry Road.Six adults and six children were displaced by an early-morning fire in Tualatin.

At 5:44 a.m., firefighters were called to a Tualatin apartment complex in the 18500 block of SW Boones Ferry Road on reports of smoke and flames coming out a window. When crews arrived, they found heavy smoke and fire pouring out of two second-story apartments with fire extending to the apartments above on the third floor, according to a press release from Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue.

Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control quickly while simultaneously searching the four units in the building. No injuries were reported and all occupants were able to make it to safety.

A fire investigator concluded that the fire was started due to unattended cooking in the kitchen area. Four units sustained considerable fire damage, and the two units below were impacted by water and smoke. The American Red Cross was assisting those who were displaced.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.


Have a thought or opinion on the news of the day? Get on your soapbox and share your opinions with the world. Send us a Letter to the Editor!