Tigard Police Log: May 12-18, 2020
Tuesday, May 12
• A man reported that a toy megaphone and a lunch box were taken from his car in the 11700 block of Southwest Hazelwood Loop. He believed he left his car unlocked, because there were no signs of forced entry.
• A caller reported a very intoxicated man ringing the doorbell over and over in the 11400 block of Southwest Pacific Highway. The caller was worried the man would ruin it. Officers assisted the intoxicated man, and peace was restored.
Wednesday, May 13
• A caller reported that two men were selling face masks in the parking lot in the 12800 block of Southwest Pacific Highway for $10 each. The caller said this was price gouging.
• A caller reported that she heard noises like someone was in her house in the 15800 block of Southwest Avon Place. The caller thought maybe she forgot to lock the door and she was home alone. Officers arrived and discovered a cat loose in the house.
Thursday, May 14
• Officers assisted a stepfather in the 11800 block of Southwest 121st Avenue with a drunken man whom his adult stepdaughter brought home, who was refusing to leave.
• Officers responded to a domestic violence call in the 12600 block of Southwest 108th Terrace. They arrested a man for assault and transported him to the jail.
Friday, May 15
• Officers encouraged a homeless man sleeping on a doorstep in the 16800 block of Southwest Friendly Lane to move along.
• A man reported that an unwanted family member was in his home in the 6900 block of Southwest Baylor Street. The man didn't know how he got in. Officers transported the intruder to the jail for violating a restraining order.
Saturday, May 16
• A neighbor reported a domestic violence call in the 12500 block of Southwest Dakota Street. Officers entered the apartment, removed the uncooperative, spitting man, and transported him to the jail.
• An employee at a business in the 11500 block of Southwest Pacific Highway found a bag of cocaine.
• Officers responded to a burglary at the Taco Bell at 13920 S.W. Pacific Highway. The investigation is continuing.
Sunday, May 17
• Officers responded to a theft in progress in the 11500 block of Southwest Pacific Highway. The thief hit the loss prevention agent with his walker during the getaway and headed for the bus stop. He was located on the bus, cited and released.
• A woman reported that while she was out walking she discovered a man sitting with a pile of her clothes stolen from the laundry room in the 12600 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard the previous evening. Officers were able to return most of her clothes, and she declined to press charges.
Monday, May 18
• Officers responded to a location in the 9800 block of Southwest Omara Street after a caller reported that a man broke a piece of his metal fence and approached him with it and asked for a ride. The man also broke something off the neighbor's car and walked away. Officers located the man and gave him a ride to the jail.
• Officers responded to domestic disturbance in the 9700 block of Southwest McDonald Street. The brother was armed with a knife and making threats. Officers took the brother into custody.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.