Tigard Police Log: Sept. 14-20, 2020
Monday, Sept. 14
• An officer patrolling the area of Southwest Pacific Highway near Southwest Johnson Street observed smoke coming from the brush line on the side of the road behind 12553 S.W. Main St. The fire appeared to be 10-20 feet in radius. Officers worked on putting out the fire until TVF&R arrived and extinguished it. The investigation is ongoing.
• Officers arrested a woman for harassment, assault of a Public Safety Officer and disorderly conduct after she got into a physical altercation with relatives in the 9900 block of Southwest North Dakota Street.
Tuesday, Sept. 15
• A resident reported a secret shopper scam resulting in a loss of $2,500. The victim responded to a letter asking her to participate in a "logistics survey" and to participate as a secret shopper. She received a check for $2,950.00, was instructed to purchase $2,500 in Nike gift cards and keep the remaining $450 as payment for her services. She bought the gift cards and provided the information on the cards to a scammer ,who depleted the balance. By the time she learned the check sent to her was fraudulent, it was too late.
• Officers received a report of a road rage incident involving a gun. An unknown male in an SUV reportedly began following another male driver and yelling at him about travelling too fast in a school zone. When the driver stopped his car on the 13700 block of Southwest Pacific Highway and went to talk to the man in the SUV, the subject pointed a gun at him, told him to back off and drove away.
Wednesday, Sept. 16
• Officers arrested a juvenile driver for DUII after he failed to yield for oncoming traffic at an intersection and then ran a red light near Southwest 116th Avenue and Durham.
• An officer arrested a woman for a PO detainer warrant after responding to a suspicious circumstance in a parking lot at 9009 S.W. Hall Blvd. where she appeared to be using drugs in a vehicle.
Thursday, Sept. 17
• Officers cited a male subject for assault after he hit another person with a bag that contained a hard object in it during a verbal altercation, which caused a non-serious injury in the 12200 block of Southwest Hall Boulevard.
• Officers responded to a welfare check involving a person passed out on the front lawn of an apartment complex. The individual exhibited signs of impairment and was combative when medical staff tried to get her on the gurney, which required officer assistance.
Friday, Sept. 18
• Officers arrested a man subject for burglary I, PO detainer warrant and possession of methamphetamine after a call from a resident in an apartment complex that someone was removing the window screen in the 14100 block of Southwest 105th Avenue. A partner K-9 team was able to track down the suspect.
• Officers arrested a woman for possession of heroin and cocaine after receiving a call that a woman was unresponsive in a car in the 11700 block of Southwest Pacific Highway.
• Officers responded to a welfare check in the 11400 block of Southwest 94th Avenue and arrested a woman for assaulting her boyfriend.
Saturday, Sept. 19
• A graveyard shift officer crawled on the roof of a local business on Pacific Highway to conduct a security check after an alarm activation overnight. Fortunately, everything checked out fine.
• Officers were dispatched to report of a male subject doing drugs in a restroom at a pet store at 11705 S.W. Pacific Highway. The subject was found with drug paraphernalia.
Sunday, Sept. 20
• A 2006 Ford Ranger was stolen from the Target store parking lot at 9009 S.W. Hall Blvd. The vehicle was located in a parking lot east of the location later that evening.
• An officer cited a man for criminal mischief after he repeatedly hit and dented the car of an ex-girlfriend in the 9500 block of Southwest Greenburg Road.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.