TriMet wants to hear your ideas about its next general manager
TriMet hosts four online listening sessions this week to gather public feedback about its next general manager.
The sessions will be held Monday through Thursday. The Tuesday session will be in Spanish.
The sessions are:
• Monday, March 8, 5 to 6:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 9 (Español), 5 to 6:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, March 10, noon to 1:30 p.m.
• Thursday, March 11, 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Learn more and attend a session at trimet.org/careers/gm.htm.
TriMet wants to hear from riders and the public as the transit agency begins searching for a new general manager. "The board calls the hiring of the agency's next general manager its most important duty," according to a TriMet press release.
TriMet General Manager Doug Kelsey resigned on Friday, March 5. The regional transit agency's board appointed Chief Operating Officer Sam Desue Jr. interim general manager while it conducts a national search to fill position.
In addition to the listening sessions, the public can offer ideas and opinions in other ways:
• An online survey at trimet.org/careers/gm.htm. The survey gathers feedback for the board on the experience, values and priorities important for TriMet's next general manager. The survey will be available in multiple languages.
A previous Portland Tribune story on the selection process can be found here.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.