The Tigard Police Department describes calls and offers advice to avoid scams in logs from Aug. 28-Sept. 3, 2022.

Editor's note: Police logs are a partial accounting of law enforcement calls, based on activity reports and descriptions generated by participating police departments. All persons accused of a crime are legally considered to be innocent until proven guilty.

Sunday, Aug. 28

Officers arrested a driver for DUII near the 14200 block of Southwest Pacific Highway. The driver's blood alcohol content was measured at 2.5 times the legal limit.

Officers were called to help with a man experiencing an apparent mental health crisis. The man was telling people he needed help getting kids out of his truck because they wouldn't leave. Officers found there were no kids in the truck.

Monday, Aug. 29

A hit-and-run crash was reported at Southwest Durham Road and 98th Avenue. Officers located the involved vehicle. The case remains under investigation.

A person reported their 2004 Infiniti G35 was stolen from an apartment complex in the 9900 block of Southwest Frewing Street. The person reported they possibly left their keys inside the car.

Tuesday, Aug. 30

A theft in progress was reported from a store in the 10200 block of Southwest Washington Square Road involving a suspect and a getaway driver. A drone and K-9 team were utilized to locate the suspect. Officers learned the getaway driver is a known criminal with a felony warrant out for his arrest. Both men went to jail, and a gun was later recovered from their car.

A person who had a car for sale reported being robbed by a potential buyer, who stole the keys and took off with his car.

A patrol officer recognized a person with a warrant out for his arrest near the Tigard Plaza. The man tried hiding, but a K-9 track successfully led to him and he was taken to jail.

Wednesday, Aug. 31

A crash was reported on Southwest Pacific Highway near Durham Road. Officers learned a driver was going the wrong way down Pacific Highway, crossed traffic and ultimately hit another car. He was arrested for DUII (controlled substance) and reckless driving.

Employees at a store in the 9000 block of Southwest Washington Square Road reported having an 11-year-old shoplifting suspect in custody. The girl was released to her mother after being cited for theft III.

Thursday, Sept. 1

A patrol officer came across a pickup that was high-centered over a retaining wall near Southwest Pacific Highway and Pfaffle Street. The driver was arrested for DUII.

A store in the 7500 block of Southwest Dartmouth Street was robbed by a woman who tried to steal merchandise, then fought with an employee and made verbal threats to stab employees. The woman was taken to jail by responding officers.

A woman reported losing $14,000 to scammers who hacked her computer, sent her fake messages about outstanding charges, and requested she pull cash out from her bank and send it to them through an encrypted account. As a reminder, anytime someone you don't know makes threats, locks your accounts and/or wants you to send them money, be cautious! It is likely a scam.

Friday, Sept. 2

Officers responded to a call of a disturbance with a weapon in the 11700 block of Southwest Tigard Drive, where a man was attacked by two women who were armed with a gun. Responding officers were able to arrest both women and recovered the gun.

A witnesses called in a suspected drunk driver along Interstate 5. A responding officer found the driver parked at a gas station. He was ultimately arrested for DUII, reckless driving and driving while suspended. He also had a warrant out for his arrest, and a blood alcohol content measured at twice the legal limit.

Saturday, Sept. 3

An officer and K-9 were busy throughout the county assisting on calls in unincorporated Washington County, Beaverton and Hillsboro.

A neighbor reported a fire on the back side of a house on Southwest 84th Avenue. Responding officers learned the husband put it out with a garden hose and nobody was hurt.

Two people were found slumped over in a stolen car in the 9000 block of Southwest Washington Square Road. When officers arrived, they took off running and were not immediately located. While that call was underway with officers and medics, a separate man who was bleeding and holding a razor walked up to first responders and required on-scene treatment before being taken to a hospital.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Have a thought or opinion on the news of the day? Get on your soapbox and share your opinions with the world. Send us a Letter to the Editor!