Support Local Journalism!        

Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



The Marion County Sheriff's Office believes a body found Monday is that of Miles Stanton, 21, who disappeared Oct. 20.

COURTESY PHOTO: STANTON FAMILY - The Marion County Sheriffs Office believes it has located the body of Miles Stanton, the Tualatin man who hadnt been heard from since Oct. 20, KOIN 6 News is reporting. His mother, Laura Stanton, has been looking for him since he was first reported missing. The Marion County Sheriff's Office believes a body recovered in Marion County Monday is that of a 21-year-old man who recently moved to Tualatin, KOIN 6 News is reporting.

Miles Stanton, who moved to Tualatin in late September, has not been heard from since he last made a purchase at an Aurora 76 station on Thursday, Oct 20.

"In an email on Monday morning, the Marion County Sheriff's Office said the investigation is active and no other information would be released immediately," KOIN 6 News, a partner with Pamplin Media Group, reported.

Miles Stanton's mother, Laura Stanton, had been searching for her son since he was reported missing by his roommate on Monday, Oct. 24.

NBC News reported Monday that Laura Stanton posted an update on her Facebook page. It reads in part: "Our family and a few volunteers found Miles today. His spirit is no longer with us. We are broken. I am unable to imagine a life without him in it."

Friends and family initially launched a large-scale search for Miles on Saturday, Oct. 29, where 70 volunteers gathered at Tualatin's Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to organize a search party to help find the young man.COURTESY PHOTO: STANTON FAMILY - Miles Stanton had been living in Tualatin only a short time before he was reported missing, last seen at an Aurora 76 station.

During a Friday, Oct. 28, interview with The Times newspaper (covering Beaverton, Tualatin, Tigard and Sherwood), Miles Stanton's mother said her son had quit his job at FedEx the same day he disappeared and never returned home. His credit cards hadn't been used after the Aurora gas station transaction and his cell phone went unanswered.

Stanton said that Miles had been raised in San Diego and later went to college in Hawaii. After college, he returned to San Diego before moving to Salt Lake City for two years, before moving back to San Diego. He then decided to move to the Portland area where he had a friend.

"It's the worst nightmare. It's surreal. I'm literally right now, sitting over — standing over a table — with two maps of the city of Portland, plotting and mapping things," Laura Stanton said during that Oct. 28 interview. "I'm a nurse (practitioner). This isn't what I do."

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Have a thought or opinion on the news of the day? Get on your soapbox and share your opinions with the world. Send us a Letter to the Editor!

Go to top