Motorists reminded to obey school zone laws
The first day of school for Woodburn area students is Sept. 4.
With the start of the new school year fast approaching it's important to remember to slow down in school zones.
If you drive to school, through a school zone or in neighborhoods near a school, follow these safety tips to keep all students safe this year:
• Follow the speed limit. Slow down!
• Always stop for a crossing guard holding up a stop sign.
• Allow more time to get to where you are going.
• Yield to pedestrians.
• Stay alert!
• Stop for school buses that have lights and "stop arm" activated.
• Put down your phone and don't talk or text while driving.
Slow down and stay alert.