A new concept design for a future Woodburn Community Center is available for the public to review at a Thursday night meeting.
The public is invited to provide feedback at a meeting at 6:30 p.m. Oct. 18 in the Woodburn City Council chambers.
The city is revealing a community center concept plan based on previous community meetings.
The concept would expand the Woodburn Aquatic Center from its current space of 20,000 square feet to 80,000 square feet and will include:
• Two multi-purpose gymnasium courts for basketball, futsal, volleyball and other active recreation activities;
• A walking/jogging track above the gymnasium;
• Large cardio/resistance training and group fitness class spaces;
• Large dividable multi-purpose event and meeting rooms with kitchen;
• Dedicated senior center and Meals on Wheels space that includes a kitchen;
• Multi-purpose classrooms that can be used for a wide range of meetings, trainings and classes; and
• A dedicated space for the Boys & Girls Club.
Anyone who would like to provide feedback but can't make it to the meeting can do so via an online survey.