Take survey on community center design
A new concept design for a future Woodburn Community Center is available for the public to review.
Though the concepts were made available to the public for a meeting held on Thursday, the public can still provide feedback via an online survey at www.surveymonkey.com/r/woodburncc.
At the Oct. 18 meeting, the city revealed a community center concept plan based on previous community meetings.
The concept would expand the Woodburn Aquatic Center from its current space of 20,000 square feet to 80,000 square feet and will include:
• Two multi-purpose gymnasium courts for basketball, futsal, volleyball and other active recreation activities;
• A walking/jogging track above the gymnasium;
• Large cardio/resistance training and group fitness class spaces;
• Large dividable multi-purpose event and meeting rooms with kitchen;
• Dedicated senior center and Meals on Wheels space that includes a kitchen;
• Multi-purpose classrooms that can be used for a wide range of meetings, trainings and classes; and
• A dedicated space for the Boys & Girls Club.