Support Local Journalism!        

Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT & AUDIO

MORE STORIES


Myrtle Street home is believed to have caught on fire by an overheated box fan in a window

PMG FILE - Woodburn Fire District logo., Woodburn Independent - News  Woodburn Fire District reported that it responded to a fire at a one-story home in the 3500 block of Myrtle Street on Thursday.

WFD Chief Joe Budge said the call was received around 11:20 a.m. and district personnel were dispatched and arrived quickly at the scene, knocking down the fire by around 11:30.

Upon arrival, firefighters reported seeing heavy fire and smoke venting from windows in the rear of the home. The fire damaged two bedrooms, a hallway and attic space.

The fire is believed to have been ignited by an overheated box fan set in an open window.

Residents were home at the time and exited the house before firefighters arrived. There were no injuries, but the family dog died in the fire.


You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.


Have a thought or opinion on the news of the day? Get on your soapbox and share your opinions with the world. Send us a Letter to the Editor!

Go to top
JSN Time 2 is designed by JoomlaShine.com | powered by JSN Sun Framework