Support Woodburn firefighters
I am forever grateful and that is why I am supporting Woodburn firefighters by voting yes on the bond.
My name is Kathy Saunders and I have lived in Woodburn for 20 years.
A year and a half ago my life circumstances changed and I called upon the Woodburn firefighters for support. Their quick response, medical training and safety protocols were instrumental in my situation. This was not a one-time call but several times I needed their support.
Every time they came to my home, they exhibited professionalism, respect, concern and confidence in dealing with my situation.
I cannot put a price on the support that was provided by the Woodburn firefighters but I can support them by voting yes on the bond.
Our community is growing and it's vital that Woodburn firefighters have the training, equipment, facilities and staff to continue serving our community. Quick response, safety and education is important to perform their duties; whether it's a fire, medical situation, car accident or any other emergency. They are our first responders!
Vote yes for the bond and the community will be blessed of having the best firefighters in our community. There is no tax increase to you!
When the bond is approved by voters, as in the past, Woodburn Fire District would continue funding long-term capital expenses through bond revenue.
Bond structure and expenditures are:
· Same tax rate as current bond - no increase
· Emergency response vehicle replacement
· Gervais fire station reestablishment
· Facilities maintenance and training center
· Emergency response equipment replacement
· Maintenance of firefighter staffing levels to meet emergency response needs
For more information on the above expenditures please take time to read the bond in detail.
My story is one of many on how the Woodburn firefighters support our community.
Vote yes. Know when you call Woodburn firefighters you will get the best of firefighters and equipment to help you in your time of need.
Woodburn Firefighters Support Measure 24-454
It has been an honor to serve the residents of the Woodburn Fire District through the unprecedented demand for emergency services over this past year and the preceeding years.
Approval of the bond will give your firefighters the emergency vehicles, equipment and training needed to effectively and safely serve the public.
The Woodburn firefighters support the bond that will provide funds for the following needs:
• Emergency vehicles — Our firefighters work hard to ensure that the vehicles used for emergency response will last 30 to 40 years. Bond funds will allow the fire district to continue to replace the emergency vehicles as they become obsolete.
• Emergency equipment — Our firefighters rely on a wide range of emergency equipment to protect the public and keep our firefighters safe. Bond funds will allow the fire district to replace out-of-date equipment and firefighter protective gear.
• Training facilities — A portion of the bond funds will be used to support fire district training facilities to ensure that our firefighters continue to be well prepared to meet the challenges of any emergency.
Please continue to support the Firefighters of the Woodburn Fire District by voting yes on Measure 24-454.
Thank you for supporting Woodburn Junior Golf
On Saturday morning April 24 we had nearly 100 participants in our annual golf fundraiser at the OGA Golf Course here in Woodburn. It was a rainy day, but the enthusiasm and mood wasn't dampened in the least. The event was a resounding success with all the proceeds going to support the Woodburn Junior Golf Club and its mission to promote the game of golf and its values to the youth in our community.
We are inspired and humbled by the tremendous generosity of the people and organizations within, and beyond our community. We want to say a big thank you to everyone who participated in this year's event and we would also like to recognize the following sponsors: US Bank, Bob Russell, CPA, The Killers Pest Control, Woodburn Vision Source, Weston Car Dealerships, Sun Mountain Golf, LPL Financial, Langdon Farms Golf Club, Jeff Tracy, OGA Golf Course, Webb Chiropractic, Carsley Golf, Tom Coyne, Hallmark Properties, Sean Lanyi Golf, Mark Nguyen - State Farm, Muscles in Motion, Berryman & Morrow Financial Group, Pendleton Round-Up Association, Long Bros. Building Supply, Woodburn Liquor Store, Al McCutchan, McNary Golf Course, Buffalo Wild Wings (Salem), Adidas, Columbia Sportswear, Steven Raichlen, Willow Lake Golf, James Dodson, Charbonneau Golf Club, Chehalem Glenn Golf Club, Rose City Golf Course, Bruce Furman - Langdon Farms, MMM-USA, and Proactive Sports.
Woodburn Junior Golf Club
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.