Mecum Auctions sold $6.6 million worth of vehicles at the Portland Expo Center on June 21 and 22.
The premeire collectable car auction company said 253 vehicles changed hands during its fourth event in Portland. The highest price paid was $275,000 for a 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback.
"Top sellers at the auction included an array of makes and models — a reflection of the diverse selection available within the 2019 Portland lineup. From vintage classics to modern muscle cars, the top 10 list included a healthy sampling of vehicles from across the spectrum of collectability," said the company, which will stage 13 auctions in different cities this year.
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Portland 2019 auction include:
1. 1969 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback at $275,000
2. 1969 Ford Mustang Resto Mod at $143,000
3. 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible at $99,000
4. 1969 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S Convertible at $93,500
5. 2010 Ford Mustang Cobra Jet at $93,500
6. 1965 Backdraft Shelby Cobra Replica at $88,000
7. 1971 Ford Bronco (Lot S147) at $88,000
8. 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible at $85,800
9. 1970 Chevrolet Camaro at $79,200
10. 2005 Bentley Continental GT at $74,250
For more information, go to www.mecum.com.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.