TVFR issues outdoor burn ban
Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue has issued a temporary burn ban, effective Thursday, May 9. This covers all TVFR areas, including Wilsonville, West Linn and surrounding areas.
The burn ban prohibits all of the following:
1. Backyard or open burning (branches, yard debris, etc.).
2. Agricultural burning (agricultural wastes, crops, field burning, etc.).
3. Any other land clearing or slash burning.
The burn ban does not prohibit:
1. Small backyard recreational fire pits (maximum three feet in diameter and two feet high) in a safe location. Use only clean, dry firewood.
2. Outdoor fireplaces, grills, portable fireplaces (chimineas, etc.) and similar appliances with clean, dry firewood, briquettes, propane or natural gas.
The ban will remain in effect until weather conditions pose less fire risk. Since this is an early-season ban, the fire marshal anticipates it will be temporary until normal weather patterns resume.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.