Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.

FONT

MORE STORIES


A Sunday morning fire on Dollar street left two Willamette residents displaced

COURTESY PHOTO TVFR - TVFR responded to a call about a fire in the 1300 block of Dollar Street Sunday morning.Two West Linn residents were displaced by a house fire that started in the Willamette area Sunday morning, Aug. 4.

No one was injured in the fire, which occurred in the 1300 block of Dollar Street, but one unit of a duplex was significantly damaged by smoke and fire, according to Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue.

"It's because of the quick actions from the first-arriving crew that firefighters were able to aggressively slow the fire growth and prevent it from spreading to the attached unit and other nearby trees and structures," a press release from TVFR stated.

Around 8:30 a.m. Sunday, a 911 caller reported seeing smoke billowing out of a window in the duplex and fire crews from TVFR station 59 on Willamette Falls Drive arrived within minutes.

According to the press release, the duplex unit had no working fire alarms, and although no one was inside the residence at the time of the fire, TVFR took the opportunity to remind people of the importance of fire alarms and to check the functionality of those in their homes.

TVFR determined the fire was accidental and likely caused by a flat iron that was left on and sitting on a bed.


Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)

Go to top
Template by JoomlaShine