Support Local Journalism!        

Link to Owner Dr. Robert B. Pamplin Jr.



A family on Mountain Road noticed flames coming from their chimney around 9 p.m.

COURTESY PHOTO: TUALATIN VALLEY FIRE & RESCUE  - Fire fighters from TVF&R fought a chimney fire at a home on Southwest Mountain Road in West Linn Thursday night. A West Linn family of four and their dog safely left their home Thursday night, Jan. 27, after noticing flames coming from their chimney.

Crews from Tualatin Valley Fire & Rescue arrived at the home on Southwest Mountain Road about five minutes after the family called 911 and had the fire under control within an hour. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered smoke and flames coming from the base of the chimney and smoke coming from attic vents.

According to TVF&R, 50 firefighters responded to battle the fire, conduct searches, salvage belongings, overhaul the building and decontaminate tools.

Washington County Consolidated Communications Agency, the Lake Oswego Fire Department, the West Linn Police Department, Portland General Electric, Northwest Natural, and American Medical Response also responded to the fire.

TVF&R investigators were still working to determine a cause of the fire on Friday morning.

You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.

Have a thought or opinion on the news of the day? Get on your soapbox and share your opinions with the world. Send us a Letter to the Editor!

Go to top