Secret Lake Oswego Forest Hills location for sale
This amazing, one-of-a-kind custom home offers a casual elegance vibe typically found in Santa Barbara homes.
Residing in the sought-after Forest Hills neighborhood, the new owners of this home will feel blessed to have purchased a true hidden gem in the Lake Oswego community.
Best of all, this home also has access to the coveted Forest Hills easement on Oswego Lake.
Enjoy the easement's picnic tables, swing set, diving board, baby pool and easy access to the water. This easement also includes 20 boat slips, 11 kayak racks, 19 SUP board racks and a restroom.
Every feature and finish is dialed to perfection in this French-inspired custom home in the heart of Lake Oswego. Artfully combining elements of European architecture, this beautifully designed home has a sophisticated yet comfortable aesthetic.
Enjoy the ultimate lifestyle in Lake Oswego.
Located on a quiet street tucked behind the very walkable First Addition neighborhood, this home has a curated design that balances rustic with polished. Most importantly, enjoy a lifestyle that offers close proximity to hiking, biking and exploring while enjoying the amenities of living in Oregon's best community.
Within walking distance to downtown Lake Oswego, you'll enjoy great restaurants, quaint shops, Lake Oswego's Farmers' Market and acclaimed Gallery Without Walls outdoor art sculptures.
French-inspired custom home in the heart of Lake Oswego
This 5,129 sq. ft. home was custom built in 2009 by a construction industry executive as their personal residence. It's clear from the moment you step inside that it's a special destination where your friends and family will love to come together. The home was designed by architect Tim Merrill, owner of Portland's well-known Merrill Architecture, the firm responsible for projects including the Lodge at Bandon Dunes and the historic Speedometer Building in Portland's Pearl District.
Inspired by the sun-drenched colors of Provence, functioning blue shutters add a spark of color to the buttery yellow, color impregnated, hard coat stucco, patinaed copper gutters and red clay tile lifetime roof of this exceptionally built home. All the exterior doors on the main floor were imported from France and the incredible French Oak floors throughout the home are reclaimed and include radiant heating with individual thermostats in each room.
The formal dining room is just off the foyer with a view of the front of the home through three large windows. The tall ceilings are highlighted by classic crown molding and an elegant crystal chandelier elevates the space for special occasions. However, it's the kitchen and living room that really steal the show in this home. Graciously designed with a comfortable flow through the kitchen to the living room and out to the courtyard patio, this great room space is bright and light-filled.
Centered around a large central island topped with thick, quarter-sawn white oak in a dark stain, the kitchen has a touch of Old-World appeal balanced by top-of-the-line appliances. Marble counters top the kitchen's side cabinets and are also featured in the convenient butler's pantry where there is a full-size SubZero cabinet-front freezer. A built-in desk with space for a computer creates a convenient command center just off the kitchen.
The living room has soaring cathedral ceilings featuring rustic beams. The wood-burning fireplace features an imported limestone mantle and surround coupled with a simple chimney for an impressive yet comfortable aesthetic. Arched French doors lead outside to the inviting brick patio.
The main floor primary suite opens to the brick patio and garden, creating a perfect spot for morning coffee while enjoying the jasmine-scented breeze. The serene bedroom is spacious with a cozy gas fireplace and a luxurious ensuite bath. At the opposite end of the bath is a spacious walk-in closet with custom storage solutions including a built-in jewelry cabinet, a chest of drawers, hanging space and storage cubbies.
Next door to the primary suite is a flexible-use room with a large closet and built-in shelves with lower drawers along one wall. Next door is the main floor laundry room which offers colorful hand-painted Belgian tile on the backsplash, handmade French pavers on the floor and the same dark-stained wood countertops that are in the kitchen.
Up the broad staircase bordered by a custom-made iron banister are four bedrooms, each with its own ensuite bath. Each of the bedrooms is unique with walk-in closets, some including built-in desks, tub/shower combos and one with French doors and a large balcony overlooking the front of the home. The second floor also includes a laundry room designed with a Moroccan flair including built-in vented laundry hampers, ogee arch cutouts in the cabinetry and intricately patterned glass mosaic tile on the floors and walls.
A comfortable guest suite is located on the basement level with a separate full bath featuring marble tile. There is also ample storage on this level and throughout the home. The four-car tandem garage has radiant floor heating and is also accessed from this level.
You're invited to join listing broker Terry Sprague for a special twilight preview this Thursday, September 8, from 4 to 6 p.m. Tour this amazing home located at 929 Cumberland Road in the Forest Hills neighborhood. To learn more about this custom home and the many additional features not listed in this story please go to…
FEATURES THAT MAKE THIS HOME SPECTACULAR:
- Coveted Forest Hills easement on Oswego Lake which includes park-like setting, 20 boat slips, 11 kayak racks, and 19 SUP board racks.
- The living room has wrought iron light fixtures found in an old shipyard in New Orleans.
- Crisp, white cabinetry and hand-painted Belgian tile backsplash highlight the kitchen.
- Stunning reclaimed 300-year-old beams from France enhance the cathedral ceilings in the living room.
- Top-of-the-line kitchen appliances include a six-burner Wolf cooktop with pot filler, dual Wolf ovens, Wolf warming drawer, SubZero cabinet front refrigerator, SubZero wine fridge and dual Asko dishwashers.
- The ensuite bath features imported Calacatta marble from Italy, a walk-in Steamist steam shower with a bench and dual showerheads, a Jacuzzi jetted tub and a Myson heated towel rack.
- Main floor laundry room features a Shaws of England farmhouse sink, built-in Asko drying cabinet and an Asko washer and dryer.
- The basement features a spacious family room with tall wainscoting and another rustic ceiling beam.
- The basement snack area includes a 118-bottle SubZero wine fridge and space for a microwave or coffee bar.
- A Control4 home automation system controls the lighting and sound system throughout the home, enabling customizable levels of lighting and music both inside and out.
- The patio features huge terra cotta pots, imported from Italy and France that have built-in irrigation.
- Lighted sport court and a built-in sandbox where you can find hours of enjoyment in this perfectly private backyard.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.