Clackamas County to celebrate Indigenous Peoples' Day
Clackamas County will hold a celebration of Indigenous Peoples' Day from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 9. in Clackamas Community College's Environmental Learning Center, 21 Inskeep Drive, Oregon City.
Community members are invited to attend this in-person, free event to honor Indigenous history and culture through food, music and storytelling. Come experience this vibrant cultural event featuring:
• Sisters Fry Bread
• Loom with A.C. Ramírez
• Storytelling with Darlene Foster and Ed Edmo
• Flute performance by Jan Michael Looking Wolf
• Red Lodge Transition Services Master Recycling
• Free books with Libraries in Clackamas County (LINCC)
• A variety of Indigenous artists selling handmade creations
• Scavenger hunt for youth
The event is sponsored by Clackamas County; Clackamas Community College; Red Lodge Transition Services; the Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde; Unite Oregon; City of Lake Oswego; City of Milwaukie; and the Libraries in Clackamas County (LINCC).
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.