Let's protect Oppenlander
Please vote "YES" on Measure 3-582 for these reasons:
1. Oppenlander field is a big property on Rosemont Road and lots of generations of people have used these fields for years. We need to preserve this property.
2. If you vote "yes" on this measure, some of the money will go to improving other parks in West Linn. So even if you don't live near or use Oppenlander daily, you would benefit.
3. Voting "yes" means the field is a park forever. Our community needs more open spaces and places to play more than we need new houses, traffic and noise.
4. I see people using these fields for everything including dog-walking, softball/baseball, soccer, running and yoga. I even sled there in the winter with my friends!
5. In the summer you can hear owls hooting in the trees. There are lots of other animals too which depend on Oppenlander for a habitat.
6. If you vote "yes", some of the money will be used to improve Oppenlander which might mean restrooms, ADA pathways and safety lighting. This helps everyone!
If this measure does not pass, the opportunity will be gone forever.
Riley Hogan, age 11
Please Vote YES on 3-582
There are several reasons why a "YES" vote on Parks Bond 3-582 is important for you and your family.
If your family enjoys the parks of West Linn like ours does, (picnics, taking your dog to the park, Music in the Park, playground, splash pads, West Linn Old Time Fair, stage shows, soccer, football, lacrosse, Fun in the Sun and other kids games, etc.) your "YES" vote on 3-582 allocates needed funds for improvements to ALL parks in West Linn.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you to have a voice; your "YES" vote says YES to keeping a green, active West Linn and no to further development.
Your Yes vote preserves the native land of Oppenlander Field (including about 20 beautiful fir trees) as a park with improved facilities, so families can use it for years to come. Currently Oppenlander Field is one of the last sizable undeveloped greenspace areas in West Linn, adjacent to Rosemont Road. A "NO" majority means a development with up to 65 new homes will be permanently instated, and the land and greenspace is gone forever.
If you appreciate the parks we currently have, and appreciate the beauty of West Linn, we encourage you to vote YES on 3-582
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.