TVFR announces burn ban for outdoor burning
TVF&R has enacted a High-Fire Danger Burn Ban. Outdoor burning will be banned throughout TVFR's jurisdiction, which includes West Linn, Wilsonville and surrounding areas.
The burn ban prohibits all of the following:
1. Backyard or open burning (branches, yard debris, etc.).
2. Agricultural burning (agricultural wastes, crops, field burning, etc.).
3. Any other land clearing or slash burning.
The burn ban does not prohibit:
1. Small backyard recreational fire pits (maximum three feet in diameter and two feet high) in a safe location. Use only clean, dry firewood.
2. Outdoor fireplaces, grills, portable fireplaces (chimineas, etc.) and similar appliances with clean, dry firewood, briquettes, propane or natural gas.
The ban will likely remain in effect until the fall when weather conditions pose less fire risk.
Quality local journalism takes time and money, which comes, in part, from paying readers. If you enjoy articles like this one, please consider supporting us.
(It costs just a few cents a day.)