• QUINN GREENE: Quinn Greene, a senior on the Lake Oswego girls track team, made her presence felt in a big way at the Laker Classic Invitational at Lake Oswego High School on Friday, April 1. Greene won the 100-meter high hurdles with a mark of 16.21, came back with another victory in the 300 intermediate hurdles at 47.88, and also ran on both of the Lakers' winning relay teams at the meet.
• CLACKAMAS THROWERS: Competing in the Laker Classic Invitational at Lake Oswego High School on Friday, April 1, Clackamas boys went 1-2 in both the discus and javelin, and 1-4 in the shot put, getting wins from senior Ian Patton, senior Noah Preuitt and senior Benjamin Moffett. In the discus, Preuitt took top honors with a personal-best throw of 132-1 (with Moffett second with a PR of 119-9). In the javelin, it was Moffett first with a PR throw of 186-2.25 and Patton second at 145-5.75. And in the shot, Patton took top honors with a PR of 46-2, while Preuitt grabbed fourth with his own PR of 42-0.
• AIDEN MCGUIRE: Aiden McGuire, a senior first baseman on the La Salle baseball team, swung a hot bat for the Falcons in their Thursday, March 31, non-league contest against Sandy. McGuire went 2 for 3 at the plate — both hard singles — and drove in one run in his team's 5-2 loss.
• ETHAN BERNHARDT: Ethan Bernhardt, a senior forward on the Lakeridge boys lacrosse team, scored a game-high four goals to help the Pacers rout Sherwood 13-3 in non-league play at Lakeridge High School on Wednesday, March 30.
• TAYLOR HADDEN: Taylor Hadden, a junior left fielder for the top-ranked Wilsonville softball team, hit a two-run home run in the bottom of the sixth inning to beat Oregon City 5-3 at Wilsonville High School on Wednesday, March 30. For the game, Hadden went 2 for 4 at the plate with two runs scored and two RBIs.
• GINA ALLEN: Gina Allen, a junior shortstop on the Oregon City softball team, went 2 for 3 at the plate with a triple, a double, one RBI and one run scored in her team's 5-3 loss to Wilsonville at Wilsonville High School on Wednesday, March 30. Allen gave her team a 2-1 lead with an RBI double in the top of the third inning, then tripled and scored to tie the game 3-3 in the sixth.
• EMMA CHANG: Emma Chang, a senior on the Lake Oswego girls tennis team, helped lift the Lakers past Three Rivers League rival West Linn 6-2 on Tuesday, March 29. Chang, playing at first singles, rallied past West Linn's Corina Ounaphon in three tough sets, eventually prevailing 6-3, 4-6, 7-6 (5).
• PETER NGUYEN/BRYAN WONG: Peter Nguyen and Bryan Wong, both seniors on the Clackamas boys tennis team, stepped up at first doubles during their team's 5-3 loss to Cleveland at Clackamas High School on Wednesday, March 30. Nguyen and Wong posted a tough 7-5, 7-6 win over Cleveland's Frank Connor and Henry Stroud for their team's lone win in doubles.
PAMPLIN MEDIA GROUP WEBSITES
To see even more exclusive content, go to lakeoswegoreview.com, westlinntidings.com, clackamasreview.com, oregoncitynews.com and wilsonvillespokesman.com and click on the Sports tab. Additional content regularly featured are photo slideshows, links to daily scores and league standings, statewide top-10 rankings and more.
PHOTO GALLERY WEBSITE
To see even more photos from Lake Oswego, Lakeridge, Oregon City, West Linn, Clackamas, Nelson, La Salle, Milwaukie, Rex Putnam, Wilsonville and Gladstone high school sports — or to purchase prints or digital images — visit Sports Editor Miles Vance's photo gallery website at milesvance.smugmug.com.
Follow Sports Editor Miles Vance on Twitter at @MilesVance1 to find game, match, meet and tournament highlights, plus immediate alerts to all new content posted to the Lake Oswego Review, West Linn Tidings, Clackamas Review, Oregon City News and Wilsonville Spokesman websites.
You count on us to stay informed and we depend on you to fund our efforts. Quality local journalism takes time and money. Please support us to protect the future of community journalism.