Pamplin Media Group
If you live and breathe Associated Press style, can debate the pros and cons of the Oxford comma, and have a flair for newspaper design, Pamplin Media Group has a job for you.Â
We're seeking aÂ copyeditor/designer?to joinÂ ourÂ team in Oregon.??This job will have flexible hours (some will have to be in the eveningsÂ and, on occasion, weekends) and can be done remotely. However, you may be asked toÂ occasionallyÂ come to work at our Lake Road officeÂ near Milwaukie.Â
The primary job duties will be to work as a copyeditor for our award-winning news staff. SecondaryÂ duties will be as a backup to our Central Design Desk.Â
The Pamplin Media Group is a local, family-owned media company that includes more than 20 weekly newspapers/websites, the Portland Tribune and several specialty publications and websites. It reaches a combined print and digital audience of more than 1.2 million readers each week.Â
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in journalismÂ or equivalent professional experience.Â They will demonstrate excellent time management skills and an ability to write engaging, accurateÂ headlines, and be familiar with using Adobe InDesign and Photoshop as well as the Microsoft Office suite of products.Â Â
Community Relationship Representative
Pamplin Media Group
Do you thrive in an environment of community involvement? Are you someone who's always telling
your friends & family about the newest restaurant or business that's just opened in town? Do you seem to be the one who knows what events are going on, when they are and all the details, too?
Can you switch modes of operation quickly - from detail-oriented computer tasks to a casual, friendly conversation with a prospective business client and then back again to your co-workers â€“ all while keeping your mind on track & focused?
The Clackamas Review, Oregon City News & Happy Valley News â€“ divisions of Pamplin Media Group â€“
seek an outside sales representative (although we like to think of it as community relationship development) that's self-motivated, creative, technologically proficient with a desire to succeed to partner with area businesses, non-profits, governments, and organizations to serve them through our
full line of communications product offerings (print, digital, specialty publications).
This person will join our sales team and work with the publisher, our ad assistants, and digital and creative teams to serve our communities and advertisers. A locally owned media company, Portland Media Group is committed to local â€“ our readers, our advertisers, and our community. Candidates
must be comfortable building client relationships, presenting in-person and written proposals, and offering creative ideas and input for advertising campaign development. Previous sales experience and growing a sales territory is preferred.
- Act as lead for multiple clients, ranging in size, type & industry. Must be comfortable interacting with a variety of people, in a variety of settings and by a variety of means.
- Educate, support, and listen well to clients, supporting their business objectives through alignment with our variety of products and opportunities.
- Work as a cohesive and energetic team player. Communication & respect are valued here; we treat others well & build trust and relationships both inside & outside our office walls.
- Live up to PMG core values and abide by established operating norms.
- Give you the training, tools & resources to do your job well.
- Be flexible in when, how & where you do your work. Granted, there are times when we need to be in front of customers, at community business events & in the office, but this isn't a standard 9- 5 office gig where you're sitting at your desk all day. We currently offer hybrid and remote work flexibility.
- Support you in your quest for knowledge and build your skills.
We offer a base salary plus commission, a variety of great benefits including medical and dental, 401K, and expense reimbursement. This is an opportunity where you can control your own future and success, help businesses and impact your community while enjoying what you do.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to join a local, forward-thinking company with a great working environment.